Replaces 15-lb rooﬁng felt!
IKO Stormtite® synthetic underlayment is engineered to be used under asphalt shingles. And it has qualified as an IKO’s PRO4 Roofing Component. It is a cost-effective alternative to traditional #15 asphalt saturated felt, and is covered by a limited 15-year material warranty¹.
Here’s why it rocks.
- Stronger than felt. Stormtite® is more resistant to tearing and shredding when installers walk on it. Plus it’s coated top and bottom with tough polyolefin for superior weather-resistance with a slip-resistant surface.
- More flexible, even in cold weather. Stormtite® is easy to install around vents, dormers, skylights and other typical roof structures. It lays flat without curling and is super durable.
- Synthetic, non-breathable material. Stormtite® effectively sheds water that gets behind shingles and it’s engineered to be a vapor-retarder. Thanks to built-in UV stabilizers, it can be left exposed for up to 30 days and will continue to perform.
- Lighter than felt. A single roll of Stormtite® contains 1000 square feet but weighs only 20 to 26 lb. It’s easier for your installers to handle.
- Installation Instructions for Stormtite
- Stormtite Safety Data Sheet
- Stormtite Technical Data Sheet
- IKO Stormtite Brochure
Visit www.IKO.com for product specifications and warranty information.
1 See Limited Warranty at IKO.com for complete terms, conditions, restrictions and application requirements.
NOTE: This product is a vapor retarder, so the airspace beneath the roof deck should be properly and thoroughly ventilated to avoid risk of moisture condensation.
NOTE: Product and colour availability may vary by region. All warranties are through IKO, Roofmart does not manufacture this product. The information in this article is subject to change without notice. We assume no responsibility for errors that may appear in this article.[/full_width]