Cet article est également disponible en: Français
To our Valued Customers:
As you are aware, global supply chain disruptions have led to product availability shortages and price increases across various key product categories this year. We continue to see manufacturers communicate delayed lead times, product allocation, price increases with immediate effect, and other changes that limit access to materials and impact our businesses. Like many of our peers, we anticipate this to remain an industry reality for the remainder of 2021. We have been communicating with some of our industry partners and wanted to share some thoughts to help us work together to navigate these unprecedented market conditions:
Product Availability Shortages are a Reality
- Be open & upfront about material supply timelines and expectations with your customer
- Earn trust with your customers by setting expectations about product shortages that are beyond your control
- Share your secured work with your Roofmart specialist immediately, so that we can continue securing your material needs to best meet your timelines
Take Price Increases Seriously
- Roofmart will continue communicating many of these manufacturer increase and will be unable to quote pricing for more than 30 days
- Consider including expiring valid quote dates and including language in your contracts that authorize price changes should material costs change from time of quote
- Pricing at the time of order placement may not reflect the price of material at the time the order will be shipped, speak with your representative if you have questions based on product lines
- Consider asking your customers for backup choices or general colour shades (instead of specific colours) if their first choice is not readily available
- Consider offering shorter lead time & upgrade alternatives for products with long lead times (for example, offering the DECRA Shake as an alternative to cedar shakes)
Should you have any questions, please reach out to your branch, sales specialist, or to us directly. Thank you for your continued partnership and support. We look forward to working with you and your business to best serve you.
To view current price notices, click here.