Single-Ply Roofing Systems at Roofmart
We Have Flat Roofing Systems!
Roofmart is your source of Rubbergard™ EPDM and UltraPly™ TPO in Canada. With 50 stores across the country, getting product when, where, and how you need it is fast and easy. We are fully equipped to deliver orders to your jobsite and to the roof-top. Need Rubbergard™ EPDM or UltraPly™ TPO QuickSeam™ accessories as well? Roofmart carries all the accessories necessary for all your commercial needs. Contact your local Roofmart to start your order!
Trust Roofmart for your next Commercial Roofing Project!
EPDM Roofing Systems
What is EPDM?
EPDM, or Ethylene propylene diene monomer is a versatile rubber roofing membrane that is used in low-slope commercial roofing. EPDM offers a variety of installation options and numerous long term benefits, such as superior weatherability, exceptional wind uplift resistance, extreme flexibility and more.
A Product That Stands the Test of Time
The RubberGard™ EPDM system has delivered more than three decades of commercial roofing success by building upon a heritage of innovation in rubber polymer technology. The versatile membrane offers a variety of installation options including fully adhered, ballasted or mechanically attached that deliver superior long-term weather ability and exhibit exceptional wind-uplift resistance.
Benefits of RubberGard™ EPDM
- Exceptional Durability: EPDM is virtually immune to ozone, UV radiation, and harsh temperatures
- Rapid and Easy Installation: EPDM is available in large panels (30.5m x 5.8m) that can be installed using primers and self-adhesive products, no flames or electricity is required.
- Low Life Cycle Costs: With little or no maintenance required throughout the life of an EPDM roof, and a competitive installation cost, EPDM roofing systems result in a very low life cycle cost.
- High Flexibility and Elongation in any Climate: EPDM has proven performance in Canadian winters at -45 °C and in tropical Madagascar climates at +45 °C.
- Sustainable and Environmentally Friendly: EPDM is an inert material with limited environmental impact during manufacturing, installation and use. EPDM is also fully recyclable.
TPO Roofing Systems
UltraPly™ TPO Membranes
What is TPO?
TPO, or Thermoplastic Polyolefin is a single-ply reflective roofing membrane made from polyprophylene and ethylene-propylene rubber polymerized together. It is typically installed in a fully adhered or mechanically attached system, allowing the white membrane to remain exposed throughout the life of the roof.
Cooling Degree Days
TPO membranes reflect UV radiation keeping the surface of the roof and the building cool during summer months, helping to reduce cooling costs, and decrease the amount of carbon emissions.
Benefits of UltraPly™ TPO
- Durability, Flexibility and Versatility: UltraPly TPO is highly resistant to tears, impacts, and punctures yet remains flexible to allow for building movement
- Economical and Easy to Install: UltraPly TPO’s flexibility allows for a rapid installation and requires little maintenance throughout its life. TPO membranes are commonly fully adhered or mechanically attached to the underlying insulation or cover board.
- Cool Roofing Matters: A light coloured roof that reflects the sun’s energy can play a significant role in reducing the buildings cooling costs.
- Welded Seams for Long-Lasting Performance: TPO membranes are heat-welded at 926ºC with a hot-air gun. The result is a fused seam that’s stronger than the field of the membrane.
- Sustainable and Environmentally Friendly: TPO membranes contain no toxic or hazardous ingredients and are fully recyclable.